CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I never knew concrete could look so good!

We came home yesterday to the excitement of concrete footings!! The footings had been poured to the tune of 33 yards of concrete. And, even better than that, the masons came today. I got home too late to see their progress and it may be too muddy tomorrow (after the shower we received this afternoon) for them to work, but it's progress for sure. Hopefully I'll get to see the foundation and post pictures tomorrow.

You can't see it here but Autumn wrote the baby's names in the concrete and asked for God's blessings on them! I'm sure that picture will make it to Autumn's blog before long.

Hope you enjoy a few pictures of the progress at the house site.

On a sad note, I received a call from my good friend Janice today - she lost her Mom last night. I know from experience how hard it is to lose your Momma, my thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family during their time of grief. Please pray for them.




Our circular driveway...we'll have to come up with a landscape plan for the center :)


6 comments:

Jackie said...

How exciting for you guys. I want to come see it when you are finished. Is it near your home now?

Mimi said...

It's just right down the hill from our house now. You are welcome to come anytime, both now while under construction and when we move in. We need to go out to lunch - maybe we can get Anne and plan a time on a Saturday or an evening would work for me, too. Hope to see you soon!

Jackie said...

Oh EATING, that sounds wonderful and the company would be GREAT also. Any evening would be good for me or a Saturday. Just let me know when.

Autumn said...

Can't wait to (hopefully) see the block work today!! Maybe there won't be anymore mud on the driveway!! :) ROFL!! Progress is always fun...can't wait to move Lexa this weekend too. We just have so much going on. I LOVE IT!

mom said...

Hey Diane,
I finally found your blog through moo. I was glad to hear from you yesterday. Let's try to get together one night next week,whatever day works for you. WOW! The work on your house is coming along quickly. I know you will just love the new one. And since your not moving that far away you won't even have to miss the old one. See you soon.
Anne

Mimi said...

Thanks, Anne....the foundation should be finished today and Jimbo is planning on doing the thuroseal tomorrow - hopefully I'll get some pics up after that. See you & Jackie next week! We'll make a date.